Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm A Twin

Seen at the Jane Addams Trail Head Bet you didn't know that I was a twin? A twin in one person as I am a Gemini. Cindi blogged about signs today and so here goes more detail about Gemini.

The sign is linked with Mercury, the planet of childhood and youth, and its subjects tend to have the graces and faults of the young. When they are good, they are very attractive; when they are bad they are more the worse for being the charmers they are. Like children they are lively, and happy, if circumstances are right for them, or egocentric, imaginative and restless. They take up new activities enthusiastically but lack application, constantly needing new interests, flitting from project to project as apparently purposelessly as a butterfly dancing from flower to flower. To them life is a game which must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment, free of labor and routine. Changing horses in the middle of the stream is another small quirk in the Gemini personality which makes decision making, and sticking to a decision, particularly hard for them. **Pretty much me.

  • Gemini are dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory
  • Possess the virtue of versatility
  • but on the other the vices of two-facedness and flightiness
  • The Gemini-born can easily see both sides of an issue, a wonderfully practical quality. *I agree
  • Less practical is the fact that you're not sure which Twin will show up half the time. Geminis may not know who's showing up either, which can prompt others to consider them fickle and restless. *mmmm, maybe.
  • They can be wishy-washy, too, changing their mood on a simple whim.
  • You love zooming around, running right left and center.
  • As a source of information you are unparalleled and you love to keep in touch with your friends, neighbors and indeed anyone who is on your wavelength. The mobile phone, if not invented by a Gemini, was definitely invented for you – and is certainly your most treasured accessory! ***sometimes true with the cell phone.
  • You really have little faith in yourself, which you mask with ironic wit or sarcasm, but in truth you can use your flexible mind to better yourself in a surprising number of ways. *** Most definitely.
  • Strongest virtues of the Gemini zodiac sign: great communication skills, quickness of thought, quick learning
    Deepest need of the Gemini zodiac sign: communication
    Weaknesses of the Gemini zodiac sign: superficiality, gossiping, harsh speech that may hurt others, use of words for misleading or misinforming ***sometimes

One thing that keeps popping up and I disagree with, dislikes being alone. I have no problems with being alone. One thing I do agree with, I will often pick an opposite side just for the sake of argument. And sometimes, I think I create a lot of the drama and unhappiness in my life out of boredom or what not. You all may remember my horoscope outlook for this year. Seems that events have conspired to help me along that path and it's not been so bad. I've still so far to go. How am I supposed to know what I want when I never know which me wants it? ;)

In other news, off to the Vet with Cassie. Her other foot is giving her problems. Will winter never end?

And what is your sign?

*Now Playing: A New Door by Lenny Kravitz - It Is Time For A Love Revolution

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't keep up with horoscopes, but I do know that some list my birthdate as Aries and others as Taurus. I haven't a clue. I guess I just am what I am today and will be what I will be tomorrow :D

Unknown said...

I'm a Leo and for the most part, I'm totally as described. My husband is a Leo also! I read several places that Leo's are extremely passionate together, whether fighting or loving, and boy is THAT one right on!

Bonnie said...

Good attitude, Shirley.

Bina, it can work. My husbands a Taurus and we only stand a 50/50 chance... yep.