Saturday, August 11, 2007

Is There

life out there? Seems this song keeps popping up in my playlists and leads me to wonder about the future and if there is life out there.

Is There Life Out There as sung by Reba and written by Susan Longacre and Rick Giles.

She married when she was twenty
She thought she was ready
Now she's not so sure
She thought shed done some living
But now she's just wonderin
What she's living for
Now she's feeling that there's something more

Is there life out there
So much she hasnt done
Is there life beyond
Her family and her home
She's done what she should
Should she do what she dares
She doesn't want to leave
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

She's always lived for tomorrow
Shes never learned how
To live for today
She's dyin to try something foolish
Do something crazy
Or just get away
Something for herself for a change

Theres a place in the sun that shes never been
Where life is fair and time is a friend
Would she do it the same as she did back then
She looks out the window and wonders again

Not that I've been a perfect wife and mother, always doing what's right and expected but as we explore college and universities and enter that senior year in high school, I'm left wondering what's next for me. Maybe it'll be time for me to become that Barista at Starbucks?....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the video for this song.