Sunday, August 12, 2007

A New Day


Took some time to set up my little incense smoke studio such as it is. Nothing fancy but played around with the flash and adding plastic wrap with different colors over the flash. The result was pleasing and resulted in the smoke being colorized in camera. For my smoke images, I will continue to use both methods as Photoshop still gives the most flexibility.

Speaking of smoke, our new smoke detector is acting up. After a night of weather radios blazing and the sky booming, I finally fall back asleep and wake up to the smoke detector blazing. It stopped immediately and upon a walk about the house, nothing amiss but it made for a restless night and strange dreams. The Mister decided to mess with the battery and chirp..... chirp......chirp..... chirp..... chirp. The Wonderdog does not like the chirping and neither do I. It's quiet for now.... and I don't know why as we're out of 9volt batteries.

Listening to a playlist with Brandi Carlile, Colbie Caillat and Sara Bareilles shuffled (I do like iTunes). Some great stuff here.... and not country. ;) Enjoying my coffee and hoping that the chirping is done and no other rude awakenings.

For those interested, tonight is the Perseid meteor shower. Head out between 9 and 10 pm and watch for those beautiful streaks. Normally, I see very few here as it's just too dang bright or it's cloudy. Hoping for the best tonight.


No comments: