Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yikes

Bifocals, Yes, Bifocals

That’s me wearing my new no-line bifocals with transition lenses. When did I go from readers to bifocals? I must be too young. Or not.

When I was growing up, I always wanted glasses. If  you asked me why, I wouldn’t have been able to tell you. Maybe it was to be more like my big sister, who wore glasses most of her life. Or maybe I thought I’d look smarter. This was the 1970’s and dumb blondes were the norm.

In looking back, I know they would have been another mask for me to hide behind. Another layer to peel away before you could see the real me. Even now, I’m not too upset about the need for bifocals. Although, the comfort of this pair leaves something to be desired. Best thing, I won’t constantly be misplacing my reading glasses or walking out of the house with two pair of glasses on the top of my head (where I push them when not reading).

Spring is finally arriving around these parts after a couple of cold, windy, rainy days. It’s going to be beautiful and I intend to enjoy the days fully.

*Now playing: I Get Screwed (Bonus Track) by Plain White T's - Big Bad World (Bonus Track Version)

No comments: