Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Distracted

It's hard to stay on track today for every thought that arises in your mind can turn into a string of fantasies that take you on a pleasant journey. You may be able to get quite a bit of traveling logged in your day dreams, but the real work now is back here on Earth. Enjoy a diversion or two, but don't let an obsession with your inner world interfere with your day.

Puzzled by my distracted, rambling thoughts this morning, I read my horoscope. I'd rather be off in my own inner world. I've attempted to write more of my little piece of fiction but the mind moves too quickly to the next distraction. Even my last blog entry had more thoughts that vanished before I could get them into a written form.

Oops, I was just traveling again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! I have a TON of frequent flyer miles :D

Anonymous said...

Flights of fancy feed our souls and relieve us of stress. :)

Hoping this comment comes through. Blogger and I don't seem to play well together.

Bonnie said...

Too bad we can't cash in on those miles, eh, Shirley.

thanks Jennifer. It came through just fine. Yep, flights of fancy can be liberating. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, going of to our own little world, in our mind, can be so nice. I get distracted all of the time! I almost just wrote, "my mind has a mind of its own." Profound, huh? I need a vacation, alone!

XOXO

Angel said...

sometimes "distractions" are good for the soul!