Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Idol

IMG_3645dolly 

I am so upset with myself. I missed American Idol last night and it was Dolly night. Although, it would have been more fun and a definite must see if Amanda were still in the running, I did want to see this one. I've read the recaps but have no opinions. I really have only myself to blame. Life will go on.

The above photo was edited totally in Picnik. It's free, give it a try. I did everything from resizing and cropping to the x-processing and 60's treatments. Adobe also has a new on-line editing site, Photoshop Express. It's a bit more basic in this free mode. I believe they have a subscription service in the works. It's the wave of the future. Everything we do and access will be on-line. Not sure I'm fond of the trend but I do like Picnik.

Speaking of which, Dolly does a cover of FYC and it's fabulous. Who would have thought I'd like a country version of Drives Me Crazy? Dolly just makes me happy.

*Now playing: Drives Me Crazy by Dolly Parton - Backwoods Barbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink album! :) I met her once. I worked at Channel 4 in Nashville when she sang with Porter Waggoner. She and I have a few things in common. ;D

Angel said...

I missed most of Idol....I did see the Australian guy and he was GOOD!!!

I never knew that dolly wrote so many really good songs!

Bonnie said...

Lucky you. She seems like a genuine person.... please, tell me she is... don't burst my bubble. Hmmm, wonder what you have in common?

Beth, Dolly is a phenomenal song writer!! I heard he was good last night. Gonna watch the results now.

Anonymous said...

I met Dolly Parton when I worked at Opryland, back in the early 1980's. She is a sweetheart. I have been to Dollywood several times, when I head to TN to visit my brother. The kids all love to go. It is beautiful there, I mean the whole are, but the park is nice too. She is an amazing song writer!! At the park, her family sings and performs at one of the stages, I think it is called the Front Porch Theatre. We met her Niece, who has such a beautiful voice too. She sings songs she writes, and also sang a few of Aunt Dolly's, like Coat of Many Colors. Fun stuff!
XOXO

Bonnie said...

Lucky you!! I lived in Tennessee (Crossville) for a few years and made it the mountains many times but only to Dollywood once on a company picnic and Dolly wasn't there.