Thursday, January 24, 2008

And He Wept

P1050445-copy

The Oklahoma City National Memorial Monument. Across the street, a small memorial at the Catholic church, The Weeping Jesus. This is the first time I noticed that he appears part of the official memorial. The memorial itself is monitored by police and park officials. It is a place for quiet reflection where life changed between 9:01am and 9:03am (The Gates of Time). For more information OKC Memorial on Wiki.

I really have no funny stories to share today nor many words. It's cold and I'm enjoying some music and giant latte.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touching, bringing forth a reverent quiet.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget that day. That picture really is touching. It brings back so many feelings, Hannah was a newborn and I held her so tight.
I never knew about this statue.
So touching...
XOXO

Bonnie said...

It does bring about a quiet. Thanks shirley.

Eileen, I remember it well. I know I've posted photos from our trip last spring and will work up the couple I took this trip. We only stopped on our way from the airport to get our bearings straight (I can get lost in my own backyard). Thanks.