Thursday, September 13, 2007

No Clucks For Me

IMG_0009

I don't know when the last time was that I got up and left a restaurant without ordering because of lack of service but tonight, I did just that from Red Robin. After sitting for more than 10 minutes watching others that came in after us (within our area) be served and not even a glance from a server or manager... I decided to keep my money. The dinner for two would have cost nearly $30 with tip. As we got up, leaving our menus behind, not one person acknowledged our departure. Nobody was even there to open the door on our way out. Let me just add, the restaurant was not busy, they looked adequately staffed with many just standing around. The two servers taking care of people in our section lost out on my tip and I came home to comfort food. Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese and some fine wine. ;)

Time for some TV, I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good service seems to be a thing of the past, and I'm making it a point to tell management when I've received good service and from whom I received it.

Bonnie said...

I agree, Shirley.

Jay, thanks for stopping by. All photos are my own.