Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lonely Eyes

Orangutan

Something about this orangutan that always gets to me. I don't know if it's the lonely way she looks out through her cage or the clicking noise* she makes. I do wonder what she's thinking and if she's comfortable with her life. I know this photo was taken in the worst possible lighting but still, her eyes speak from those shadows (with a little brightening in Photoshop).

*She makes a noise that could be teeth grinding or something else. The zoo never seems to know where the noise comes from other than her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, haunting eyes.

madelyn said...

she is beautiful... so sad though...I bet she'd give anything to be on the other side running free.

Bonnie said...

Thanks Shirley and highlandGhillie.

I'm sure she would prefer a more comfortable environment but at least she's safe.