Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprises

The Mister has been full of surprises lately including this very cute OU teddy bear. I suppose it has to do with the changes in me as I attempt to be a kinder, gentler me. Not always easy but the benefits are evident and not just in the tangible gifts. It's much more relaxed and that is something I need.

But I did receive another gift, the Kindle Reader. It'll be awhile before it becomes totally incorporated into my reading as I've a ton of books scattered about, waiting for me to read but I do appreciate the thought and the gift.

I've since downloaded a few free books and set it up to check my gmail account and Google's RSS reader. The Internet portion is a bit slow but functional. The purchasing and downloading of books is quick and painless. Only time will tell if I enjoy reading electronic books.

And with that, I'm going to have a cuppa tea and try to fend off a cold that I feel developing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the furnace not working Friday night, followed by a costly repair Saturday morning and most likely a new unit next week? It's always something around these parts.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Look at that wonderful smile! That's a cool gift!