Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tornado Sirens Sounding

And what do I do? I go outside with my camera watching and snapping that shutter. Here are a couple I found interesting. I think it was probably a rotating shelf or maybe a wall cloud but don't quote me on that. You can quote me on the rotation though.

Oh, and I'm playing around with the trial version of Lightroom 2. Maybe I'll pick it up as I think it could be a useful tool but must recover from the dollars spent on college books and tuition. Books alone were $622!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! The cost of textbooks never ceases to amaze me!

Lightroom is such a helpful tool. As long as I've had it, I'm still learning new things about it. I don't think I've scratched the surface. If you qualify for the upgrade price of Photoshop, you can do most (if not all) of the same lossless tweaking to JPGS in Camera RAW. You can open JPGS in Camera RAW through Bridge. It's just easier to do in LR...and you can print from there whereas with ACR you have to open it in Photoshop to print. I do think there is a little greater control (and certainly ease of use) with LR.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you can Google 'Killer Lightroom Tips' for good info about using LR, plus he has a lot of free presets, most of which are really useful for routine and practical tweaks.

Bonnie said...

Thanks Shirley. I was reading Scott Kelby's book on LR2 at the bookstore yesterday and things started to click a bit with it. I have been to the Killer LR site. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for upgrade pricing, especially as I'm a Mac user now. ACR for Elements is pretty basic. I have been using a combination of ACR and Canon's Digital Photo Pro. Lightroom looks so interesting, though.

Follett has quite a grip on the textbook market.