Monday, November 17, 2008

Bad Things

Pronounced bo-zo. A blend of zinfandel, syrah, charbono, petite syrah, lagrein, valdigule, grenache and temptraillo. Aromas of nutmeg, vanilla and black cherry pie. Somehow, I missed that pie in my taste. Perhaps a few too many tanins (although not mentioned) but I am able to drink it. The label appealled to me along with the screw cap. When not at home, is there a better type?

*Now playing: Bad Things by Jace Everett - Jace Everett

I can't believe I already had this song from the HBO series True Blood!! When I heard the artist's name, I had a sneaking suspicion that it was an iTunes freebie. Sure enough, it's in my library and I'm listening to it now. The HBO series is based on the books pictured above.  The wine, will it kind of reminds me of New Orleans and Louisiana, where the series takes place. Just a snippet of how I passed the time at my parents house. Fun books and fun wine!!

Heard on the way out the door..... that alcohol makes you fat, you know. That among other things. Gonna go finish Dead as a Doornail while I wait to watch this week's episode of True Blood. Stay warm.

No comments: