Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rainbows

Cave of the Winds 

Rainbows can be seen at all times of the day at Cave of the Winds. I'm sitting here on Saturday morning. I remember when Saturday's were quiet around here. Now, the sound of traffic fills the air almost 24/7 and on a Saturday morning, airplanes overhead. I wonder what happened to the sleepy little town I moved to eight years ago? The house, inside is quiet. No music fills the air or shouts of mom, where's this or that. Life as a part-time empty nester is taking some adjustment. I know mostly, it's me but after years and years of a husband who showed no interest in doing anything with us (me), I can't pretend that now he does. When he asks if I want to do anything, my reply will always be no.

Whatever you do this weekend, hope it's a good one. I may do some virtual window shopping. Thinking about an Olympus Stylus camera. One of those weatherproof, shock proof point & shoots. After my trip to the falls and with winter approaching, thinking it might be nice to have.

*Now playing: Someone to Save You by OneRepublic - Dreaming Out Loud (Bonus Track Version) - decided to fill the air with some music of my own. ;) Still too noisy outside, though.

2 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Wow, I thought that was snow there for a minute and then I realised it's a torrent of water. What a wonderful picture! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

pearl said...

well, Bonnie.... i'm not sure what to say to your words.... Not having our "M's" around the house is hard for you and me, isn't it. i love your pic - glorious and hopeful. i hope that you've been having lovely, fun weekends.
molly was stung by a scorpion last night. she's ok, but really afraid to sleep. it was in her bed and stung her leg. it's so tough....
how's your "M"? is she happy? does she like school?
take care of you.
love and hugs!