Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Room With A View

IMG_1841copy

College move-in day was not as stressful as I would have imagined in part because of the early move-in time we enjoyed this year. No messing with the traffic jam later in the day. Don't get me wrong, it was hectic and I made plenty of trips down the stairs as elevators were on up priority.

As difficult as it was leaving, I am just so excited for her new life. She appears to be adapting to college life with little effort, making new friends. Hard to believe, but there are several students from our area that found themselves in Oklahoma. One even looked at the same schools as M and decided on OU. My thoughts are overwhelmingly positive right now.

I miss her and look forward to our text messages and phone calls.. Might just need to get myself a webcam. ;) 

*note the image was edited on my notebook so I'm sure it looks awful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So bittersweet, missing your daughter, but happy she is adjusting so well. We do have a webcam, it was comforting to me.
Glad move in day wasn't as hectic as it could have been.

XXXX

Anonymous said...

Is this the view from her room? Nice!!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks Eileen.

Shirley, it is indeed.

Angel said...

awww....it's so sad to see them go, but you'll get used to it..however long that takes! and a webcam is a great idea!

and that's a cool photo.

Melessa Gregg said...

Another, much more familiar, view made that much more attractive through your eyes. Thanks for sharing it.