Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Was Here

Rocky Mountain High

I woke up last Monday and decided to drive to Boulder, Colorado. On top of that, I decided to drive East to pick up my parents first. It was a hair brained, quickly planned trip leaving us three full days in Colorado with one day visiting with my aunt, uncle and all my cousins. I still have to drive my parents home, hopefully Saturday as we could use the break.

This photo, somewhere in Rocky Mountain National Park on the Trail Ridge Parkway. The Parkway is the highest/tallest continuously paved road in the world.

I'll be back when I catch my breath.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!

I love mountains

Anonymous said...

I remember stopping at the Visitor Center on that road very near the highest point. I would get out of breath just walking around the store. I worked in Boulder for a while and would take hikes in RMNP on weekends. Once I got altitude sickness but eventually adjusted. I would like to go back there again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot, Bonnie.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I would love to go there. What a neat thing to do.

Angel said...

dang! I was wondering where the heck you were! Great pic, as usual...and how do you get your little "stamp" on the corner of your photos? I want to do that so no one steals them! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dang it, I wish we could have met up! Boulder is only about an hour away!!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks guys. I've got so much to do now. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.