Friday, April 04, 2008

On Polaroid

Tulips

Part of the magic that is Polaroid is the ability to create unique art from a photo. The process involves 669 pull apart pack film and a water color paper of some sort. The images are created when you pull the photo from the negative before it's fully developed placing the negative onto the paper to complete the developing. Because the photo has started to develop, some color shifting occurs. When you peel the negative from the paper, the magic begins. Sometimes, you'll have more lift where the image doesn't stick to the paper and of the framing edges can be slightly different. You can create the look somewhat in Photoshop but as each is unique, not entirely.

I have read that it is possible to do a transfer with Fuji's pack film but thus far, I have had no success even when beginning the transfer in the dark. I suppose, as I run out of my 669 film, I will learn how to use the Fuji film. I love the Fuji film straight from the camera. It's colors are rich and deep.

Wishing you all a happy and beautiful weekend.

*Now playing: It's All Wrong, But It's All Right (American Idol Studio Version) by Michael Johns - It's All Wrong, But It's All Right (American Idol Studio Version) - Single**

**Yes, I downloaded the song from iTunes and will do the same with David Cook. I wonder, if they used iTunes sales as part of the equation deciding on who continues to the next round, who would be the last one standing and would America be willing to put its money where its mouth is? As it is now, you can't purchase the song until after the results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very cool. I did not know you could do that. Wow, that is amazing, what a great look. It is sad they are getting rid of it.

Have a good weekend. Hope you get some more good shots!
XOXO

Angel said...

I like both of those guys....they have amazing voices...

Bonnie said...

Thanks eileen. Transfers make great notecards.

Beth, I so love David Cook and his CD will rock.