Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Quotes

114691978_2963345f85_o

From A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett

"It's the darkness that brings out what is sacred." -Cleopatra

"Old friend, grief is like the wake behind a boat. It starts out as a huge wave that follows close behind you and is big enough to swamp and drown you if you suddenly stop moving forward. But if you do keep moving, the big wake will eventually dissipate. And after a long enough time, the waters of your life get calm again, and that is when the memories of those who have left begin to shine as bright and as enduring as the stars above." -Ix-Nay to Tully

There are other passages and quotes that contain pearls of wisdom in the book but these are all that I will share, in case you decide to read it for yourself. I've got much I want to do but my mind is in procrastination mode.

*Now Playing: Falling or Flying by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - This Is Somewhere (Bonus Track Version)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a great quotes site that I just discovered called Proverbia.net - lots of pearls of wisdom in there.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for that link, Trish. I can spend hours browsing quotes.

Anonymous said...

Of course the second quote went straight to my heart!