Monday, October 29, 2007

Fallen Leaves

crop0032-copy

That's not the only thing fallen. To get close enough to the pond edge, I had to scamper down a leaf covered bank. Well, my foot hit a spot where the leaves were piled high but nothing underneath so down I went. I'm sure I was quite glamorous as I landed on my butt!! The ribs let me know about it, too. This photo was made using my father's old Polaroid 250 Land Camera and 667 Polaroid film. To get the camera working again, I had my father rig the camera to run on 3 AAA batteries instead of the funky, no longer produced 4.5v battery that Polaroid used. Sometimes, you can still get those old batteries, but they don't last long and can be quite costly, especially for a camera that is left over from the "Dark Ages".

I've ordered more Polaroid film and plan on being instantly frustrated gratified later this week. I had one old roll of the b&w and an old roll of color. I wasted 5 on the b&w with the wrong battery configuration and the color is a bit trickier but have a couple that I may scan when they dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going to have to equip you with bumper pads it seems! Do be careful!

Bonnie said...

Tee hee.... at least my butt has padding, too much padding!! And I could have exaggerated and said the slide was more like Romancing the Stone but it was just a little drop.... And M had a good laugh, after making sure I was okay. Yep, that was her third trip down that little bank and my first.... I think I need to take Fall a little less literal.