Saturday, August 25, 2007

la la la la la la


So I've got a song stuck in my head thanks to a recent trip to the mall. Minnie Riperton's Lovin' You.....
Lovin' you is easy cause you're beautiful
Makin' love with you is all i wanna do
Lovin' you is more than just a dream come true
And everything that i do is out of lovin' you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old
It's that la la la do do do do part that keeps playing over and over again. What to do.... Smile and try to stay dry today. The above water tank was taken on yet another foggy, drizzly day in Waite Park, the town that borders St. Cloud, Minnesota. Every time I drove by this water tank, it made me smile. :) Maya had to get into the picture, too!!

We are drying out today. The sun has reappeared after a night of gentle rain. Rain that we didn't really need at this point with all the rivers and streams at or above flood stage. A sunny day is just what the doctor ordered, at least for me. Now about all those mosquitoes in Minnesota.... seems we have more here!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOW I remember that song!!! And I love the shot of that tower! Fun one!

Bonnie said...

The family wishes the song would leave my head as I tend to have a one octave range and it's not in tune.... Minnie Riperton had a 5 octave range and could sing in the Whistle Range.

It was such a happy water tower and we could see it as we entered our hotel... well, on some less foggy days. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Now I'll have that la la la la stuck in my head for days. Severe drought in these parts..maybe that song will do the trick for us.